|“||I always come back!||„|
|~ William Afton, FFPS|
Springtrap is the main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, and the form of William Afton, the main antagonist of the franchise.
Springtrap or Spring Bonnie is the rotten rabbit form of william afton, or the purple guy, it is shown spring trap and Circus baby are somehow related...Springtrap, formerly known as Spring Bonnie, was a spriSpringtranglock suit, meaning it could be worn as both a costume and function as an animatronic, and was one of the two mascots along with Fredbear. Spring Bonnie was worn by William Afton, and he used it to lure five children to the Safe Room ( a secret off camera room). As seen in the FFPS minigame, Fruity Maze, he started with a girl called Susie, promising to show her that her dog was alive. He also lured Gabriel, Jeremy, Fritz, and Cassidy, and murdered them. Spring Bonnie was seen in FNaF 4 minigames as a both an animatronic and a costume. Due to the suit being unsafe it was retired due to a "unfortunate incident "involving multiple and simultaneous springlock failures". Spring Bonnie was sealed in the Safe Room behind a false wall.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
In the Night 5 minigame it is revealed that, after William destroyed the animatronics, he was chased by his victims into the Safe Room, which contained Spring Bonnie. After being chased around the Safe Room, William ran to Spring Bonnie and wore it to protect himself. The lock mechanism faltered as William laughed in the suit, as well as the fact that there was rain dropping down through the roof, due to the fact that the spring locks will break from moisture, thus killing him slowly as his body slumps to the floor. He then started to rot as 30 years pass by. The Fazbear's Fright crew found him, and installed Springtrap into the attraction on Night 2.
When in Fazbear's Fright, Springtrap hunted the Guard. Springtrap usually hid on secluded areas of a camera's field of view, but stared straight into CAM 01, CAM 09, and CAM 13. When around The Office, Springtrap stared at the Guard through the window. When about to attack, he peeked in from behind the door. He also briefly appeared from the right, only to slink away. Springtrap was susceptible to audio distractions and constantly followed the source of the noise the Guard created, only following the sound when played in a location close to him. He was also susceptible to the vents being sealed, due to using them. After the ventilation system is left with errors for too long, which the Guard started hallucinating, seeing multiple Springtrap's in the camera. After 5 nights of hunting the guard, the building burnt down. Springtrap was seen in the newspaper picture taken after the fire.
In Sister Location's Custom Night final cutscene, Springtrap is seen to have survived the worst of the fire, and is seen leaving the burnt out husk of Fazbear's Fright.
Springtrap has returned in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator under his real name, William Afton, and has deteriorated to the point where much of the suit has been replaced. Afton is one of the animatronics who received a call to gather at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Place on Tuesday.
Unlike the other animatronics however, Afton suspected the call to be false, but decided to go anyway just out of curiosity. Michael Afton, his son, salvaged him, seemingly for scrap. If the player chose to discard him, the completion ending on Saturday is prevented, as all the animatronics need to be present in the Pizzeria. Henry played five different audio prompts through the tapes, and Michael had to document Afton's response times. After the fifth audio prompt, the salvage ended and Michael got $1000 for the salvage. Afton assured him that he knew the call was "deceptive," but it was intriguing.
From Wednesday onwards, Afton hunted Michael through the vents, while being lured around by the sounds of children. On Saturday, it's revealed that Henry was responsible for sending out the call to the animatronics and had lured them all into a trap. Afton meets his final end when he is incinerated with the other animatronics, Michael and Henry, during which the Henry tells him, "...the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting old friend."
Springtrap appears as a customizable antagonist in both his FNaF 3 and FFPS form. Springtrap sneaks through the Air Vents to get to the protagonist, with him being tracked by the protagonist. Springtrap is silent, and the protagonist checks if his face appears at the front vent. Closing the vent door sends Springtrap back to his original position. Afton only attacks once per night, with no warning, from the vent on the right wall. A violent clamoring sound and flickering lights are the only indication of his attack, and the protagonist has to close the vent door.
Springtrap features in Help Wanted as a character in the VR game The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience. To be added
- As of version 1.031 of FNaF 3, Springtrap now makes footsteps and moaning noises when he moves.
- Some people have assumed that the moaning noise is Afton inside of the Spring Bonnie suit trying to talk.
- He is named after a trap device of the same name which is used for catching animals during hunting, and the fact that he is in a Springlock suit.
- Occasionally, when the game starts up, one of three images of Springtrap revealing the William's mummified corpse inside of him may appear, similarly to the eyeless Bonnie screen from the first game and the eyeless screens from the second game.
- Before having his name confirmed, the most common name for this animatronic coined by fans was 'Golden Bonnie' as fans believed that Springtrap was somehow connected to the similar-looking animatronic Golden Freddy, while also retaining a resemblance to Bonnie.
- Two more common fan-given names were 'Hybrid' and 'Salvage', for fans believed that Springtrap was made from the parts of dismantled animatronics.
- Coincidentally, Springtrap is a hybrid of a human and an animatronic
- Another coincidental detail is that Springtrap is implied to have been "salvaged" after the restaurant was shut down.
- In the promotional photo for Sister Location, Circus Baby appears to be smiling at someone off-screen, and the figure reflected in her nose looks suspiciously like Springtrap - this led fans to believe he would return in Sister Location - while he was not the main antagonist, he did appear in an ending cutscene after the Custom Nights, revealing himself to still be alive after Fazbear's Fright burned down and foreshadowing his return in FFPS.
- As well as being an antagonist in UCN, Springtrap can be seen in the FNaF 3 version of the Office. This is presumably a hallucination, as it doesn't disappear even when Springtrap is active.