|“||Okay folks, let's see if she's still hungry after already eating today. She's a little shy so be nice and give her a hand when she comes out.||„|
|~ Mosasaurus Announcer|
Mosy, or simply known as the Mosasaurus, is a minor anti-heroic protagonist in the 2015 sci-fi adventure film Jurassic World and it's 2018 sequel Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
She is an individual Mosasaurus who is truly an eating machine with an endless hunger and can't have enough to eat to be satisfied. The Jurassic World employees only fed her during showtime, indicating they toyed with her appetite just for tourists to enjoy the show. Mosy has become ever alert for any fleshy living being to be unfortunate enough to fall into her water domains. When the island was abandoned, her hunger got worse to the point where she would eat anything that moved.
History[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Mosy was created by InGen under the wing of the Masrani Global Corporation for their new dinosaur park Jurassic World and lived in a 3 million gallon pool of water located near Main Street known as the Jurassic World Lagoon. There, visitors could watch her feed on sharks during the Mosasaurus Feeding Show. Visitors could also view her through an aquarium below the lagoon known as the Underwater Observatory to see Mosy.
Jurassic World[edit | edit source]
Mosy was first seen emerging from her lagoon, licking the roof of her mouth with her large tongue before catching a 9-foot great white shark on a large fishing line, and the audience, including Zach and Gray Mitchell, cheers. Then, the audience then gets an underwater tour of Mosy consuming the shark.
Following the escape of the Jurassic World Aviary's pterosaurs from their enclosure, Jurassic World employee Zara Young was dropped into Mosy's tank after being grabbed by a Pteranodon. The Mosasaurus stalked Zara as the Pteranodon flew over the enclosure to recapture her, then shot out of the water, catching both of them in her mouth. Mosy tasted Zara on her tongue and then closed her jaws on the Pteranodon. The marine reptile proceeded to devour Zara whole as she was in between the second row of teeth and went back underwater to digest her first human meal. Later, at the end of the battle between the Indominus rex, the park's Tyrannosaurus Rexy and Blue, Mosy arose from the Lagoon to catch the hybrid in her jaws, and dragged her to the bottom of the lagoon to consume her as her midnight dinner, thus devouring her and saving the park in the process.
After the island is abandoned, the Mosasaurus is left in her lagoon never to be fed as her starvation becomes stronger.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom[edit | edit source]
Although Mosy was supposed to be dead, it was revealed that she has survived the months it has spent on Isla Nublar. While men in a submarine retrieved a sample of the skeleton of the deceased Indominus rex, the hungry Mosasaurus swallowed the craft whole as it departed. Then, she leaps from the water at an escaping helicopter and eats Jack, a mercenary. However, the lagoon doors are blocked and Mosy escaped into the open ocean.
Mosy only reappears at the end of the film, free in the ocean at last. She can be seen in the waves, stalking some surfers and licking the roof of her mouth with her tongue, hungrier than ever. One surfer wipes out and she advances forward through the waves as her jaws open. It is most likely she succeeded in devouring the surfer.
Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous[edit | edit source]
Mosy is confirmed to appear in DreamWorks and Netflix's TV series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous.
Jurassic World: Dominion[edit | edit source]
The Mosasaurus is confirmed to appear in the final installment of the Jurassic World trilogy.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
- Mosasaurus Physiology: Mosy possesses incredible feats of strength, speed, senses and intelligence, even for a Mosasaurus as she is possibly more powerful than any other mosasaurs.
- Aquatic Nature: Though technically a marine reptile, Mosy has an aquatic lifestyle like many mosasaurs. Although she lives her life in the water as she is able to stay underwater for long periods of time, she still needs to breathe air and has to surface periodically in order to breathe. Mosy is also capable of swimming by undulating her tail similar to crocodiles, other mosasaurs and sharks.
- Enhanced Strength: Due to her ginormous size, Mosy is far stronger than other mosasaurs and most other dinosaurs; for example, she was strong enough to drag the Indominus rex into the depths of the Jurassic World Lagoon where she proceeded to devour the hybrid. She also has a particularly strong and powerful bite force of 33,000 pounds which she uses to bite down and kill her prey such as a Pteranodon and the Indominus rex.
- Enhanced Speed: Mosy is much faster than other mosasaurs and most other dinosaurs; for example, she can swim as fast as a whale about 30 mph in the water.
- Enhanced Senses: Mosy's senses is far more greatly developed than other mosasaurs and most other dinosaurs; for example, she is able to pick up the scent of any prey that is above or below the water, particularly a shark, a Pteranodon and the Indominus rex.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Mosy is far more intelligent than other mosasaurs and most other dinosaurs; for example, she was intelligent enough to know how to survive in the ocean after escaping from her enclosure.
- Stealth: Mosy possesses brilliant stealth than other mosasaurs and most other dinosaurs; for example, she was able to wait until a Pteranodon was low enough over the lagoon or until the railing had been knocked away and the Indominus rex was within reach.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Expert Tracker: Due to Mosy's senses of smell, she can find, spot or track things, including fish such as sharks and other prey in the water.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mosy is a gigantic Mosasaurus who is much bigger than her extinct counterpart. She has flippers, a prehensile tail, a huge head with crocodile-like jaws lined with sharp teeth and in the roof of her mouth, spikes running down her back and a thick, heavy, average shaped tongue.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Mosy is a very large powerful aquatic predator who is at least as powerful as Rexy. Though judging by the body, her main attack is similar to Rexy such as her head and powerful jaws that they can both take down many prey that was proven by Indominus rex.
Sometimes, Mosy is known to swim up oceans and will hunt any kind of target that fits in her prey spectrum. Her color is ideal for her hunting strategy: she hunts from below and uses the element of surprise. Mosy could even leap out of the water to catch a falling target in her jaws and quickly devour it. Like Rexy, Mosy is also an animal who relies solely on her predatory instincts to survive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some fans have nicknamed the Mosasaurus "Shygal" because she was described as "shy" by Sarah, the feeding show announcer, others have chosen "Mosy".
- An alternate opening for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom shows the concept art depicting Mosy after she escaped from her lagoon. She would have been hunting a pod of whales that was also being targeted by a whaling ship. Mosy would first snatch a harpooned whale, dragging the ship with it, then would have attacked and sunk the whaler. However, it was cut because it was very dark that Mosy would have destroyed an entire ship and killed many people.
- Like Rexy and Blue, Mosy is also the last of her kind.
[edit | edit source]
Dr. John Hammond† | Lewis Dodgson | Dennis Nedry† | Billy Yoder† | Dr. Laura Sorkin† | Peter Ludlow† | Roland Tembo | Dieter Stark† | Commander Vic Hoskins† | Dr. Henry Wu | InGen Contractor | Eli Mills† | Ken Wheatley† | Gunnar Eversol†