"If everyone here was like Ned Flanders they'd be no need for Heaven we'd already be there"
Homer Jay Simpson (born on May 12, 1951) is the protagonist on adult animated sitcom The Simpsons. Though often depicted as a fool with a good heart he can be sometimes selfish. He is the husband to Marge, father to Bart Lisa and Maggie and the son of Abraham and Mona Simpson. Mona left him when he was young and Abe was uninterested in being a father which contributed to Homer's callous attitude and low intellect. How much of a villain he is varies from episode to episode.
- Homer frequently bullies and takes advantage of his kindhearted neighbor, Ned Flanders. He attempts to humiliate him in Dead Putting Society and wishes for his business to fail in "when Flanders failed'. When the wish comes true he even takes the opportunity to buy all of his things.it should be noted that Homer did ultimately realize rooting against Ned was was wrong and help fix things.
- When his father needed a kidney transplant Homer genuinely offered to be the doner but chickened out and left his father to die.
- Deliberately became obese so he could be sent home with pay.
- Homer is very cruel to Bart's friend Milhouse who he often makes fun of and calls "that little wiener".
- Frequently strangles Bart after being angered enough.
- Punishes Bart and make it stick by forbids him from seeing the new Itchy and Scratchy movie for the rest of his life.
- Tried exploiting his position as a cop's husband when Marge was on the police force to get away with committing crimes.
- Taking advantage of Lisa to win at gambling.
- Exaggerating Bart's injuries after Mr.Burns ran him over with his car in order to get a better settlement.
- Forcing Flanders to leave his own bomb shelter(he regretted it afterwards but also blamed everyone else there).
- Homer stole everyone 's Christmas presents though that was out of a genuine desire to make people happier rather than out of malice.
- He and Bart briefly took over the mafia and used this to torment Ned.
- Is revealed to be Homophobic in Homer's phobia However since he overcomes his prejudice and risks his life in order to save his son in the same episode it is arguable how harshly we should judge him for this.
- Stole a car to help his friend Moe Commit insurance fraud.this is actually a lot less selfish than some of his other schemes as Only Moe would monetarily benefit from it and he doesn't reveal Moe's involvement to the cops Even after he is betrayed and left to rot in prison.
- He used illegal cable but got rid of it when he realized how much it was affecting Lisa.
- Pretended to be Kristy to get free meals at restaurants.
Good Side of Homer
- Defended Ned when he was falsely suspected of drug use and the town turned on him.
- Homer Is very loyal to Marge and has turned down numerous attractive women because of his commitment to her.
- Jumped Springfeild Gorge to Keep his son from doing it. While it was definitely stupid it was done out of love for Bart.
- In the "Homer thy fall" he met with the fathers of the boys who had been bullying Bart in an attempt to resolve the issue and keep his son safe from Further abuse.
- Helped his kind-hearted mother escape from the FBI.
- Took an Extra Job at the Kwik E Mart which caused him sleep deprivation Just in order to Keep a pony he had bought for Lisa to make up for neglecting her.
- Gave up his dream Job for the sake of his family When Maggie Was born.
- Sold his ride on the duff blimp in order to enter Lisa into a beauty pageant and improve her Self-esteem.
- Tried to Support Ned through the death of his wife Maude.
- Spearheaded an attempt to dig Bart out of a hole proving that he can overcome his dislike for manual labor if it is for the sake of someone he deeply cared about like his son.