Drago Bludvist was the leader of a vast dragon army in DreamWorks' twenty-ninth full-length animated feature film How to Train your Dragon 2. He is Hiccup's most personal arch-nemesis and was voiced by Djimon Hounsou.
In his early stages, Drago and his family were attacked by a countless number of dragons. His family was gone, he became scarred, and his left arm was destroyed, and he swore revenge. Eventually, he became a dark and cruel person. Many years later, when he found a Bewilderbeast hatchling, he abused it until it grew to full size. He made a successful visit to Berk, and met all the chiefs at the Great Hall, including Stoick the Vast. He spoke softly that he would protect Berk from its enemies, but only if they would bow down and worship him. Everyone laughed, including Stoick, so he furiously wrapped his cape around himself, and yelled, "Then see how well you can do without me!" Then, he sent two large armored dragons to burn the hall to the ground. Only Stoick survived. Later, he hired Eret as a dragon trapper, and Eret later became his right-hand man.
How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Drago Bludvist is considered one of Dreamworks's darkest and most evil villains.
- Drago is referred by Stoick as "covered with scars". As featured in the film, he does have a scar on his right eye, left cheek, and all over his right arm, which makes it possible that Stoick is correct.
- He is the self-proclaimed "Dragon God".
- It is likely that Drago drowned, since he can't swim with one arm.
- Director Dean DeBlois originally stated in his teasers that Drago would appear in How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, saying "You have to wait until the third film to actually see where Drago's character goes. He is a lot more complex than he's presented in this second installment".