Daffy Duck is the anti-heroic deuteragonist of the Looney Tunes franchise.
He is a selfish, greedy, arrogant, egotistical, spotlight-hungry duck who is Bugs Bunny's arch-rival and occasional best friend. Daffy also craves for the spotlight which he rarely succeeds because of Bugs' fame and has tried many attempts to come out on top but fails repeatedly.
Despite his selfishness and greediness, he has done plenty heroic acts such as when he is Duck Dodgers trying to protect earth from Marvin the Martian, teaming up with Bugs to defeat the villains, and joining the other Looney Tunes to defeat the Monstars.
- He tricks Porky into leaving Schlesinger studios to pursue a career in feature films as Bette Davis' leading man to become the top star.
- He antagonizes Porky in several cartoons.
- He disguises himself as a rooster to win $5,000.
- He tries to get Bugs killed by Elmer Fudd.
- He plays Foghorn Leghorn and Barnyard Dawg against each other which leads to his defeat in the end when they team up.
- He tries to kill Bugs in several cartoons.
- He antagonizes Speedy Gonzales in several cartoons.
- He is the abusive owner of the Lucky Duck Superstore and treats his employees and the customers poorly until he was redeemed by the Three Ghosts.
- In the Duck Dodgers two-part episode Of Course You Know This Means War and Peace, he sabotages a peace treaty to prevent losing his job.
- He is very similar to Donald Duck (owned by Disney), as both are jealous of the mascots of the companies (Daffy is jealous of Bugs and Donald is jealous of Mickey) and want to become the top star, but their plans are always foiled.