|“||His eyes, unfathomably empty, devoid of all compassion, all humanity... No one has eyes like that... no one!||„|
|~ Captain America, on Red Skull|
They can be recognized by these signs:
- They commit acts that are atrocious by the standards of the story, and have crossed the Moral Event Horizon. Villains who have only crossed the MEH once, twice or even a few times, they usually do not qualify, although rare examples exist.
- They are taken seriously, causing fear, revulsion, and hatred from other characters in the story. Therefore, villains that fall under Comic Relief, Possessed/Brainwashed, Dimwits or even Villains who are Mute can never qualify.
- They are never presented in a positive way, they don't have a code of honor or have a sense of humor, due to their nature.
- They can never feel love for others. If they claim to have love for anyone, that "love" would merely be either perversion, possessiveness, or obsession.
- They have no chance at redemption and absolutely nothing justifies their heinous crimes.
- They display no sense of remorse towards those who they have hurt, injured or killed, and express any empathy for others as well.
Anti-Villains can never qualify seeing as to how you are meant to sympathize with an anti-villain, even if you do not approve of their methods. Also, just being an outright evil character such as a Serial Killer doesn't automatically make the villain a Complete Monster unless they are particularly brutal in nature. Also, forces of evil such as Demons and Artificially Intelligent beings don't usually qualify unless their Moral Agency is made clear. If you want to see more information see criteria.
They are considered the complete opposite of pure of heart, the heroes that are completely pure and incorruptible.
All items (515)